What is it We hate about these toe-rags? Let us list the ways:
1. The "spiritual" assume they are getting in touch with something (inside? outside? in the heavenlies?). It fosters a feel-good feeling that neuters action. The world cries out all around them but they slumber in their spirituality; enjoying the cosy and smug sensations. Dumb idiots.
2. Vague thoughts of birds, the green planet, love of the whole of mankind - is their mantra. What Bollocks and a cop out for real living.
3. Spirituality is entirely subjective: anything can count. They create god in their own images; chuck in a few birds, the ozone-layer and there you have it "spirituality". It's pure self-indulgent bilge - an intellectual opium.
4. Tossy celebrities are “spiritual” and that says it all. They have wealth, fame but are empty inside; spirituality adds the icing on the cake to salve their consciences. A couple of visits abroad with all expenses paid, pictures of them with the suffering - that is all it takes. Lady Diana - now there was a spiritual person if I ever saw one. She had a big nose as well.
5. Mr P sees blogs that are “spiritual” – and the authors are without exception: vain, smug, weak and self-obsessed. They have a form of godliness without any of its power; their spirituality is form without substance.
If you are a spiritual person then get your head from out of your own backside now.
Repent right away.